White Lung Syndrome : Outbreak In China
In outbreak of a respiratory illness in northern China and Ohio in the US — the White Lung Syndrome as people are calling it — has sparked speculation online of a new pandemic threat after COVID-19.
- White Lung Syndrome originates from distinctive white patches on chest X-rays in affected children.
- The term includes various respiratory illnesses like acute respiratory distress syndrome, pulmonary alveolar microlithiasis, and silica-related conditions.
- It is believed to be caused by a combination of bacterial, viral, and environmental factors.
- The patients have symptoms including cough, fever, runny nose, phlegm pileup in sinuses, difficulty breathing and fatigue.
- The treatment is mainly focused on addressing the symptoms of pneumonia and ensuring the respiratory health of the patients.
- Medicines are given to alleviate symptoms like cough and fever.