Asia Economic Dialogue 2023:
The Ministry of External Affairs recently hosted the Asia Economic Dialogue in Pune.
- The main focus of the dialogue was on Geo-economics.
- It was conducted under the theme “Asia and the Emerging World Order”.
- The dialogue also focused on the metaverse, the role of the global south in shaping the G20 agenda, meeting climate targets, etc.
- More than 44 countries participated in the dialogue. This includes Mexico, Singapore, Maldives, South Africa, the USA, Brazil, Switzerland, etc.
- According to the IMF, Asia is one of the fast-growing markets in recent days.
- The major consumers of the world India and China are in Asia.
- Therefore, no country shall increase their trade market without including Asia!