Yudh Abhyas : India And The United States
Armies of India and the United States will begin another edition of their joint military exercise ‘Yudh Abhyas’ at Fort Wainwright in Alaska.
- Yudh Abhyas is a joint military exercise conducted annually between the armies of India and USA.
- It has been ongoing since 2004.
- It is designed to promote cooperation between the two militaries while sharing training, cultural exchanges, and building joint operating skills.
- Yudh Abhyas 2023 marks the 19th edition of the joint exercise, which is hosted alternately between both countries.
- The training schedule focuses on the employment of an integrated battle group under Chapter VII of the UN Mandate.
- The schedule will include all operations related to peacekeeping and peace enforcement.
- The joint exercise will also focus on Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief (HADR) operations.
- Troops from both nations will practice launching swift and coordinated relief efforts in the wake of any natural calamity.
- The exercise will see the employment of the coalition-integrated battle group in the mountain and extreme climatic conditions.
- The elements like heliborne or airborne will be employed.