18th edition of India-US joint military training exercise Yudh Abhyas will begin on November 16, 2022 in Auli, Uttrakhand.
- The 15-day-long exercise will focus on high altitude and extremely cold climate warfare.
- Exercise Yudh Abhyas is conducted annually between India and US with the aim of exchanging best practices, Tactics, Techniques and Procedures between the Armies of the two nations.
- The previous edition of the exercise was conducted at Joint Base Elmendorf Richardson, Alaska (USA) in October 2021.
- The schedule will include all operations related to peacekeeping and peace enforcement.
- The troops from both nations will work together to achieve common objectives.
- The joint exercise will also focus on Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief (HADR) operations.
- US Army soldiers of 2nd Brigade of the 11th Airborne Division and Indian Army soldiers from the Assam Regiment will be participating in the exercise.