40th Hunar Haat:
The 40th edition of the ‘Hunar Haat’ was inaugurated in Mumbai. In this edition, more than a thousand craftsmen and artisans coming from 31 states and Union Territories participated.
- Hunar Haat has been conceptualized to protect and promote the country’s ancestral legacy of arts and crafts in the current global competition and to support the traditional artisans and craftsmen.
- The artisans selected in the Hunar Haat exhibition are those whose forefathers were involved in such traditional handmade work and are still continuing the profession.
- Theme: Vocal for Local and “Best from Waste”.
- Aim: To provide market exposure and employment opportunities to artisans, craftsmen and traditional culinary experts.
Boosting the skills of craftsmen, weavers and artisans who are already engaged in the traditional ancestral work.
- Organizer: These are organized by the Ministry of Minority Affairs under USTTAD (Upgrading the Skills & Training in Traditional Arts/Crafts for Development) scheme.
- The USTTAD scheme aims to promote and preserve the rich heritage of the traditional arts & crafts of the minority communities.