Akshardham Temple : UK Prime Minister Visit
UK Prime Minister recently visited the Akshardham Temple in Delhi.
- The Akshardham Temple, officially known as the Swaminarayan Akshardham Temple, is a Hindu temple complex located in Delhi, India.
- It is Located on the banks of the Yamuna River.
- It was officially opened to the public on 6th November 2005.
- It was inaugurated by the then President of India Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam.
- Akshardham Temple God is Bhagwan Swaminarayan (1781- 1830). However, it is also dedicated to great saints, devas and averts of Hindu Gods.
- It comprises of the main temple, beautifully laid out gardens, exhibitions, open courtyards and water bodies, each section presenting an intriguing aspect of Hindu religion and spirituality.
- Constructed with pink sandstone and marble, Akshardham Mandir is the centre of the Akshardham Temple complex.
- It is built in the traditional Hindu architectural style.