Automobile Industry In India:
The Union Minister of Commerce and Industry addressed the 62nd Automotive Component Manufacturers Association (ACMA) Annual Session.
- The Theme of the session was ‘Future of Mobility – Transforming to be Ahead of Opportunity’.
- The ACMA is the apex body representing the interest of the Indian Auto Component Industry. Its membership of over 850 manufacturers contributes to more than 85% of the auto component industry’s turnover in the organized sector.
Highlights of the Session:
- The 5-point action agenda was given for the Automobile Industry:
- To Focus on Quality in order to become globally competitive and reduce dependence on imports.
- To Think holistically and have a larger vision to engage with others in the spirit of openness and competitiveness.
- To Give emphasis on Value Addition.
- To Exit the Uncompetitive market and explore new market opportunities in the sectors where we can be competitive.
- To Think big and set aggressive targets and ambitions for the industry.
- Further, the government emphasize that future of the Automotive Component Industry rests on being more Connected, focusing on Convenience, orienting towards Clean Energy and clean mobility and using Cutting-edge technology.