Chess Olympiad 2022:
With 8 wins in a row at the Chess Olympiad 2022, Dommaraju Gukesh became the new poster boy for Indian chess.
- In 2019, he became the youngest Indian and then-second-youngest Grandmaster ever (youngest – Abhimanyu Mishra).
- Recently at the age of 16 he won gold at the Chess Olympiad.
- Gukesh won the Under-9 category of the Asian School Chess Championships in 2015 and won 5 gold medals at the 2018 Asian Youth Chess Championships (Under-12).
- 44th Chess Olympiad was held in Chennai in 2022
- The prestigious competition, which has been organized since 1927,was hosted in India for the first time and in Asia after 30 years.
- With 189 countries participating, this became largest participation in any Chess Olympiad.