Computer Model Of Cosmic Dust Particles:
Indian scientists have created a computer model of cosmic dust particles that can imitate the unique way interstellar comet 2I/Borisov scatters light.
- By studying the way light scatters off these cosmic particles, they can better understand how comets behave.
- The model accurately reproduced the scattering of light seen in experiments and observations.
- It revealed the presence of a large number of porous cosmic dust particles.
- Cosmic dust particles are tiny solid particles that exist in outer space.
- They are composed of various materials, including minerals, metals, ice, and organic compounds.
- Shape From spherical to irregular or fractal-like structures.
- They contribute to the formation of stars and planetary systems by providing material for accretion. T
- hey also scatter and absorb light, affecting the radiation properties of celestial objects.
- These particles serve as building blocks for the formation of larger objects, such as asteroids, comets, and planets.