Concluding Session Of Global South Summit:
At the concluding session of the virtual Voice of Global South Summit, India unveiled initiatives to assist the Global South in areas ranging from technology to health
- Aarogya Maitri project for providing medical supplies to any disaster-hit country
- Global-South Scholarships for students from developing countries to pursue higher education in India
- Global-South young diplomats forum to connect officers of foreign ministries with other countries
- Global-South Centre of excellence for R&D
- Global-South Science and Technology for space and nuclear energy initiatives sharing
The concept of Global North and Global South is used to describe a grouping of countries along socio-economic and political characteristics. The Global South is a term often used to identify regions within Latin America, Asia, Africa, and Oceania.
- The global south consists of the poorest and least industrialized countries, which are mainly in the southern part of the world.
About the Summit:
- India hosted the summit (as a president of G20) in a bid to articulate the views of the developing countries regarding the effects of the pandemic and the war in Ukraine.