First Virtual Global Skill Summit:
Different ministries have organized 1st virtual global skill summit with an Indian mission in ten countries to facilitate overseas mobility of the skilled Indian workforce, in line with the government’s vision of making India the skill capital of the world.
- India International Skill Centre: It ensures International workforce mobility opportunities for Indians
- NSDC International: To ensure overseas employment through specific programmes
- Skill India International Project: To help in skilling, certification and overseas employment of Indian
- International Partnership: Trainer-Assessor Academies with Singapore; UK India Education and Research Initiative (UKIERI) etc.
- The NEP 2020 has set the goal of exposing at least 50% of learners of the school and higher education systems to vocational education
- According to a Ministry of External Affairs report, there are 32 million NRIs and OCIs residing outside India and overseas Indians comprise the world’s largest overseas diaspora
- Saudi Arabia has the highest number of Indians ( almost 9.8% of Saudi’s overall population)