Constitution (Scheduled Tribes) Order (Amendment) Bill, 2021:
Parliament has passed the Constitution (Scheduled Tribes) Order (Amendment) Bill, 2021 with the Lok Sabha clearing it. The Rajya Sabha has already approved it.
- The Bill amends the Constitution (Scheduled Tribes) Order, 1950.
- The Constitution empowers the President to specify the Scheduled Tribes (STs) in various states and union territories.
- Further, it permits Parliament to modify this list of notified STs.
- The Bill removes the Abor tribe from the list of identified STs in Arunachal Pradesh.
- Further, it replaces certain STs with other tribes in the list
- Khampti is replaced with Tai Khamti,
- Mishmi, Idu, and Taroan are replaced with Mishmi-Kaman (Miju Mishmi), Idu (Mishmi), and Taraon (Digaru Mishmi),
- Momba is replaced with Monpa, Memba, Sartang, and Sajolang (Miji)
- Any Naga Tribes is replaced with Nocte, Tangsa, Tutsa, and Wancho.