Exercise VAJRA PRAHAR:
Special Forces of India and the USA conducted the joint military exercise ‘VAJRA PRAHAR 2021’ in Himachal Pradesh.
- Earlier, India and the USA navy had carried out a two-day Passage Exercise (PASSEX) in the eastern Indian Ocean Region.
- The joint exercise by the Special Forces of both the countries is conducted alternatively between India and the United States.
- Special Forces are the units of a country’s armed forces that undertake covert, counterterrorist, and other specialized operations.
- This is the 11th edition of the exercise conducted at Special Forces Training School located at Bakloh, Himachal Pradesh.
- The 10th edition of VAJRA PRAHAR was held in 2019 at Seattle, USA.
- Aim: To share the best practices and experiences in areas such as joint mission planning and operational tactics as also to improve interoperability between the Special Forces of both nations.