Family Courts Amendment Bill, 2022:
The Lok Sabha passed the Family Courts’ Amendment Bill, 2022 by voice vote.
- It validates the existence of the three family courts in Himachal Pradesh and Two in Nagaland with retrospective effect.
- The bill also seeks validation of the decisions taken by the two states and the family courts.
- The family courts located at Shimla, Dharmashala, and Mandi in Himachal Pradesh will come into force, with a retrospective effect of February 15th 2019.
- The Family Courts located at Dimapur and Kohima in Nagaland will come into force with retrospect effect from November 12th 2008 on enactment of the Bill.
- The enactment was necessitated as it came to light in connection with a case that the central Government notifications were not existing with respect to these five family courts.