Fifth Inner Core Layer Of The Earth:
The recent frequent earthquakes have helped scientists discover a new core. This fifth inner core is a solid ball of nickel and iron and is the innermost layer.
- So far scientists believed that there are only four layers in the earth.
- They are the outermost layer called the crust, and the middle layer called the mantle.
- And the innermost layer is called the core.
- The core is divided into two parts namely the inner core and the outer core.
- Recently, scientists discovered that there is another layer in the core.
- Unlike the inner core and outer core, this new fifth layer is solid.
- It may be 650 km in diameter.
- Scientists believed that the inner core of the earth is 2,440 km in diameter.
- It is about 70% of the moon’s size.