FIRSTAP : India’s First Sticker-Based Debit Card
IDFC First Bank, in association with the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), recently launched FIRSTAP – India’s first sticker-based debit card. The IDFC FIRST Bank was established following the merger of the erstwhile IDFC Bank
- A sticker-based debit card allows the user to make transactions by simply tapping the sticker on near-field communication (NFC)-enabled point-of sale terminal.
- It can be used to tap and pay in stores, restaurants and other places without the need to carry a debit card.
- The FIRSTAP was launched by the IDFC First Bank in line with its customer-centric philosophy.
- It is one-third the size of a regular debit card.
- It can be stuck on any surface of the customer’s choice, like cell phones, identity cards, wallets, tabs, airpod cases etc.
- It can be stuck on wearable devices like watches and rings as well.
- It enables transactions up to Rs.5,000 without a PIN and those beyond that requires the entry of PIN.
- This sticker debit card comes with a complementary personal accidental cover and 24/7 concierge services.
- It also includes several RuPay offers.