Gallium Nitride Ecosystem Enabling Centre And Incubator : Bengaluru
Gallium Nitride Ecosystem Enabling Centre and Incubator (GEECI) has been set up in Bengaluru.
- The facility has been jointly set up by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology and IISc Bengaluru.
- It is aimed at establishing GaN based Development Line Foundry facility, especially for RF and power applications, including strategic applications.
- Gallium Nitride (GaN) is believed to be the second most important material after silicon for electronics chips.
- Properties of Gallium Nitride: High heat capacity, Sensitivity to ionizing radiation is low, faster-switching speed, higher thermal conductivity and lower on-resistance.
- GaN is a semiconductor commonly used in blue light-emitting diodes (LEDs).
- Gallium Nitride Technology is of strategic importance with its application in the field of 5G, space and defense.
- Gallium Nitride (GaN) plays a key role in enabling e-vehicles and wireless communication.