Golden Joint Of Chenab Railway Bridge:
The ‘Golden Joint’ of Chenab Railway bridge was inaugurated on August 13, 2022. It was decked with the National flag to celebrate the “Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav”.
- It is the highest railway bridge in the world.
- It is located in Reasi district of Jammu and Kashmir.
About the Chenab Rail Bridge:
- It is constructed between Bakkal and Kauri in Reasi district of Jammu and Kashmir.
- It has been built on Chenab River, at a height of 359 m.
- It is world’s highest rail bridge.
- Both ends of the bridge has been connected with the help of High Strength Friction Grip (HSFG) bolts.
- It is marked as the ‘golden joint’.
- This rail link project is known as ‘Udhampur-Srinagar-Baramulla Rail Link Project’.
- It has used around 30,350 tonnes of steel, including 10,620 tonnes to construct the gigantic arch and 14,500 tonnes to construct bridge deck.
- It has been constructed near Kauri village upstream of Salal Dam.