Gond Tribes And Hattee Community:
A motion has been initiated in Lok Sabha to include Hattee community of Sirmaur district’s Trans-Giri region in the Scheduled Tribes list of Himachal Pradesh. Also, a bill to move in the Gond community from SC to the ST list in four districts of UP has been approved by the Rajya Sabha.
- A motion is any proposal made for the purpose of eliciting a decision from the House.
- There can be different types of motions such as Cut motion, Call-attention motion etc.
- Gond is one of the largest tribal groups speaking the Gondi language (a Dravidian ethnolinguistic group).
- They are spread over several states- MP, Chhattisgarh, Maharashtra, etc. They are generally peasants and worship nature.
- Bhil are the largest Tribe in India (consisting of 38% of the ST population of India)
- Hattee community : The Hattis are a close-knit community that got their name from their tradition of selling homegrown vegetables, crops, meat, and wool, etc. at small markets called ‘haat’ in towns.
- The Hatti homeland straddles the Himachal-Uttarakhand border in the basin of the Giri and Tons rivers, both tributaries of the Yamuna.