Implementation Of National Family Planning Program:
The Government has been implementing the National Family Planning Program which provides voluntary and informed choices to the beneficiaries through a target-free approach with the objective of checking population increase in the country.
- A National Population Policy has been formulated in the year 2000 with the long-term objective of attaining population stabilization by 2045.
- New Contraceptive Choices: The current contraceptive basket has been expanded with the inclusion of two new contraceptives- Injectable contraceptive (Antara program) and Centchroman (Chhaya).
- Post-partum Intrauterine contraceptive device(PPIUCD) incentive scheme under which PPIUCD services are provided post-delivery.
- Compensation scheme for sterilization acceptors which provides compensation for loss of wages to the beneficiary and also to the service provider and team for conducting sterilization.
- National Family Planning Indemnity Scheme (NFPIS) under which clients are compensated in the eventualities of death, complication, and failure following sterilization operations.
- Family Planning Logistics Management Information System (FP-LMIS): dedicated software has been launched to ensure smooth forecasting, procurement, and distribution of family planning commodities across all the levels of health facilities.
- Mission Parivar Vikas has been introduced for substantially increasing access to contraceptives and family planning services in seven high focus states having TFR of more than 3 namely Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh, and Assam.
- Scheme for Home Delivery of contraceptives by ASHAs at the doorstep of beneficiaries has been taken up.
- Scheme for provision of Pregnancy Testing Kits in the drug kits of ASHA for use in communities.