New Chairperson Of The PFRDA:
The Central government recently appointed the new Chairperson of the Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority(PFRDA).
- Centre appoints Deepak Mohanty as PFRDA Chairperson
- Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) is a statutory regulatory body set up under PFRDA Act enacted in 2014.
- Objective is to promote old age income security by establishing, developing, and regulating pension funds and to protect the interests of subscribers to schemes of pension funds and related matters.
- It comes under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Finance.
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- It consists of a Chairperson and not more than six members, of whom at least three shall be Whole-Time Members, to be appointed by the Central Government.