Intensified Mission Indradhanush 3.0
The Union Health Minister, Dr Harsh Vardhan, has launched the Intensified Mission Indradhanush (IMI) 3.0.
- The mission will be conducted in two rounds.
- The first round will start on February 22, 2021 while the second phase will start on March 22, 2021.
- It will run across 250 districts or urban areas across the 29 States or Union Territories.
- Apart from that, the Minister also launched the IMI 3.0 portal and released Operational Guidelines for it.
- He also launched the awareness material or IEC package developed under the campaign.
Intensified Mission Indradhanush (IMI) 3.0
- The IMI 3.0 initiative was launched by the central government in order to provide immunization to pregnant women and children free of cost in India.
- The scheme will strengthen and re-energize the immunization programme.
- It will help in achieve full immunization coverage for children and pregnant women rapidly.
- This mission also aims to reach the unreached population.
- It will reach them with all the available vaccines under the Universal Immunisation Programme (UIP).
- This Mission was launched in December 2014 with the aim of fully immunizing unvaccinated or partially vaccinated children under UIP.
- The scheme targets children aged under 2 years and pregnant women for immunization.
- The mission incorporated an immunization programme against 12 Vaccine-Preventable Diseases (VPD) namely, Whooping cough, diphtheria, polio, tetanus, meningitis, tuberculosis, hepatitis B, pneumonia, Haemophilus influenza type B infections, rotavirus vaccine, Japanese encephalitis (JE), measles-rubella (MR) and pneumococcal conjugate vaccine (PCV).