International Day Of The Girl 2023:
International Day of the Girl Child, observed annually on 11th October was first celebrated in 2012.
- The Beijing Declaration and Platform for Action in 1995, proposed an action plan to advance the rights of girls.
- In 2011, the United Nations General Assembly adopted Resolution 66/170 to declare 11th October as the International Day of the Girl Child.
- Theme of International Day of the Girl 2023: “Invest in Girls’ Rights: Our Leadership, Our Well-being.”
- The day aims to focus on the importance of girls’ education, their rights, and promoting gender equality.
- It urges the global community to move beyond reaffirming commitments and invest boldly in the action needed to make changes that could empower girls.