International Human Rights Day 2022:
The President of India graced and addressed the Human Rights Day celebration, organised by the National Human Rights Commission.
- Human Rights Day is observed by the international community every year on 10 December.
- It commemorates the day in 1948 the United Nations General Assembly adopted the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
- The Universal Declaration of Human Rights sets out a broad range of fundamental rights and freedoms to which all of us are entitled.
- It guarantees the rights of every individual everywhere, without distinction based on nationality, place of residence, gender, national or ethnic origin, religion, language, or any other status.
- Although the Declaration is not a binding document, it inspired more than 60 human rights instruments which together constitute an international standard of human rights.
- 2022 Theme: Dignity, Freedom, and Justice for All