Kala Utsav 2020:
An annual function to promote arts in education, was organised by the Ministry of Education.
- Kala Utsav is an initiative of the Ministry of Education (MoE) to promote arts in education.
- This programme was initiated under Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan (RMSA), which has now been merged with other schemes under ‘Samagra Shiksha – an integrated scheme for school education’.
- Aim: Kala Utsav aims at nurturing and showcasing the artistic talent of school students at the secondary stage in the country.
- District/State/National Level Utsav is structured as an art festival that includes performances and display of exhibits.
- In the context of education of Arts (Music, Theatre, Dance, Visual Arts and Crafts), the initiative is guided by the recommendations of the National Curriculum Framework 2005 (NCF-2005).
- Importance: Introduction of Indigenous Toys and Games segment in Kala Utsav 2020 supported the ‘Vocal for Local’ initiative.
- It is in sync with the recommendations of National Education Policy 2020 which emphasizes the promotion of arts and culture through education.
- It complements the Samagra Shiksha Scheme by enhancing aesthetics and artistic experiences for secondary-level students, which play a major role in creating awareness of India’s rich cultural heritage and its vibrant diversity in line with ‘Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat’.
- It enhances the students’ reasoning, comprehensibility, problem-solving, cognitive and decisive abilities, which are helpful in the all-round development of the student.
Need Monthly Current Affairs PDF?
Get everything on your phone with our all in one app for your UPSC Preparation.
- Get daily current affairs on you phone
- Download monthly current affairs PDF
- All India daily mock tests with ranking