Longitudinal Ageing Study In India :
Longitudinal Ageing Study in India (LASI) is a national survey of scientific investigation of the health, economic, and social determinants and consequences of population aging in India. The report was recently released.
- At least five percent of India’s elderly population (aged 60 years and above) stated they experienced ill-treatment in 2020.
- Bihar records the highest share of elderly persons ill-treated in India.
- Among the elderly who felt ill-treated, 77.3 percent complained of verbal/emotional ill-treatment that can harm their self-worth or emotional well-being.
- The emotional harm that may emerge from verbal or emotional abuse encompasses torture, sorrow, fear, perverse emotional discomfort, loss of personal pride or sovereignty.
- Among those who reported as experiencing ill-treatment, the victims of physical ill-treatment were the highest in Arunachal Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh.
- Elderly respondents experiencing verbal/emotional ill-treatment was the highest in the states of Uttarakhand.
Need Monthly Current Affairs PDF?
Get everything on your phone with our all in one app for your UPSC Preparation.
- Get daily current affairs on you phone
- Download monthly current affairs PDF
- All India daily mock tests with ranking