Virtually Launch Of ‘Mahabahu-Brahmaputra’ Initiative In Assam:
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will virtually launch the ‘Mahabahu-Brahmaputra’ initiative in Assam on February 18, 2021.
- He will lay the foundation stone for the Dhubri Phulbari bridge.
- PM will also perform the bhumi pujan for the construction of the Majuli Bridge in Assam.
- PM while announcing the details stated that it will be a landmark day in the development journey for Assam as the Mahabahu-Brahmaputra initiative is going to be launched.
- Launch of the Mahabahu-Brahmaputra initiative is going to be marked with the inauguration of the Ro-Pax vessel operations.
- The Ro-Pax vessel operations will be launched in between the Neamatighat & Majuli, Dhubri-Hatsingimari and North-South Guwahati.
- This initiative also includes the inauguration of the Inland Water Transport Terminal at Jogighopa.
- The initiative will also be marked with the inauguration of various tourist jetties at four locations in order to promote river tourism and employment across the state.
- This initiative is being started with the aim to provide seamless connectivity to Eastern Parts of India.
- It also comprises of various development activities for people living across the Barak and Brahmaputra rivers.