Maya Operating System:
The Defence Ministry recently decided to drop the Microsoft operating system and go for a local one named Maya operating system.
- Maya OS is a new Operation System (OS) based on an open-source platform.
- It has the interface and all functionality like Windows and users will not feel much difference as they transition to it.
- Maya was developed by government development agencies within six months.
- Aim is to prevent malware attacks and other cyberattacks which had seen a steep increase.
- Currently, Maya is being installed only in Defence Ministry systems and not on computers connected to the networks of the three Services.
- Operating System (OS)is a software program that acts as an intermediary between computer hardware and the computer user.
- It provides a user-friendly interface and manages the hardware and software resources of a computer system.
- In essence, an operating system enables a user to interact with a computer and run applications efficiently.
- An OS, after being initially loaded into the computer by a boot program, manages all of the other application programs in a computer.