Monetary Policy Report: RBI
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has released the Monetary Policy Report (MPR) for the month of October 2021.
- It kept the policy rate unchanged for the Eighth time in a row maintaining an accommodative stance till the recovery is durable.
Unchanged Policy Rates:
- Repo Rate – 4%.
- Reverse Repo Rate – 3.35%.
- Marginal Standing Facility (MSF) – 4.25%.
- Bank Rate- 4.25%.
- Real Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth for 2021-22 has been retained at 9.5%.
- RBI has revised the projection for Consumer Price Index (CPI) inflation to 5.3% from 5.7% in August 2021.