Water Budget : Kerala
Kerala became the first state to adopt a water budget, as a solution to water scarcity during summer months to ensure equitable water distribution.
- A water budget is a tool used to manage water resources by estimating the total amount of water available in a region and the amount of water used by different sectors.
- It helps in making informed decisions about water use
- It helps in Identifying areas of water scarcity
- It helps Developing strategies for equitable water distribution.
- It Create awareness about proper water use and avoiding wastage.