National Technical Textiles Mission (NTTM):
The Ministry of Textiles in partnership with Northern India Textile Research Association (NITRA) and Indian Technical Textile Association (ITTA) organized a full-day event “National Conclave on Technical Textiles – Protech”
- Technical Textiles are textile products which are manufactured primarily for their functionality and use rather than the aesthetic appeal.
- These products are broadly classified into 12 different categories- Agrotech, Oekotech, Buildtech, Meditech, Geotech, Clothtech, Mobiltech, Hometech, Sportstech,Indutech, Protech, Packtech.
- The Ministry of Textiles has launched NTTM to increase the penetration level of technical textiles in India while leveraging the extraordinary growth rate of the sector.
- The Indian Technical Textiles Sector has an Annual Average Growth Rate (AAGR) of 12% which is three times the world average of 4%.
- The aim of the mission is to position India as a global leader in Technical Textiles.
- The NTTM has been approved with an implementation period of four years starting from FY 2020-21 till FY 2023-24.
- The total outlay of the mission is INR 1480 Cr.
- The Mission has a target to take domestic market size of technical textile sector to $ 40-50 Bn by the year 2024 with an average growth rate of 15-20% per annum.