Vikram-Suborbital Rocket : Set To Launch
ISRO is set to launch India’s first privately built rocket (Vikram-suborbital (VKS) rocket) from Sriharikota.
- VKS rocket is developed by the the non-government entity/startup, Skyroot Aerospace Pvt Ltd (SAPL).
- Apart from being the nation’s first private launch, it will also be the maiden mission of Skyroot Aerospace, named ‘Prarambh’.
- It will carry a total of three payloads in space, including one from the foreign customers.
- It is a single stage spin stabilized solid propellant rocket with mass of approx. 550 kilograms.
- The rocket goes to the max altitude of 101 kilometers and splashes into the sea and the overall duration of launch is 300 seconds only.
- Skyroot was the first startup to sign a Memorandum of Understanding with ISRO for launching its rockets.