Navroz Or The Parsi New Year:
On August 16, 2022, Navroz or the Parsi New Year is being celebrated
- It is the most widely celebrated festival of the Parsi community.
- This is seen as a harbinger of peace and prosperity.
- In Mumbai and its suburbs, which host a considerable population of Parsi community, the festival is celebrated with grand lunch and dinner with the best and finest variety of Parsi cuisine.
- Parisis see this festival as the great occasion to get together, eat and mingle.
- On this day, the Parsis visit the Agyaris or the fire temples to offer prayers.
- They feed the poor on this day, as the new year has to start on a good note.