ORON Aircraft : Israel
Israel’s Defense Ministry and the Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI) recently announced they completed two years of outfitting the ORON aircraft with advanced intelligence-gathering technology.
- ORON Aircraft is an Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance (ISR) mission aircraft.
- It was developed by the Israeli Defence Ministry’s Directorate of Defense Research and Development (DDR&D), the Israel Air Force and the Israel Defense Force (IDF) Intelligence unit’s naval arm and Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI).
- It is based on the Gulfstream G550 executive jet platform, which has been outfitted with a bevy of sensors and data collection equipment that allows it to rapidly locate targets in all weather conditions.
- The aircraft combines several capabilities, including aerial imaging, control and radar, and maritime intelligence gathering for the Navy.
- It will be equipped with layers of automatic data systems based on advanced algorithms and AI.
- It will enable the IDF to create a real-time comprehensive intelligence picture, including deployment of ground forces, near and far, in routine times and during warfare.