PARAM PORUL Supercomputer:
PARAM PORUL, a state-of the art Supercomputer at NIT Tiruchirappalli was dedicated to the nation under Phase 2 of the National Supercomputing Mission (NSM).
- A MoU was signed between NIT Tiruchirappalli and Centre for Development in Advanced Computing (C-DAC) in 2020 to establish this 838 TeraFlops Supercomputing Facility under NSM.
- NIT, Tiruchirappalli has been carrying out research in the areas of societal interest such as Health, Agriculture, Weather, Financial Services. The facility installed under NSM will strengthen this research.
- PARAM PORUL system is based on Direct Contact Liquid Cooling technology to obtain a high power usage effectiveness and thereby reducing the operational cost.
National Supercomputing Mission (NSM):
- National Supercomputing Mission (NSM) is a joint initiative of Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) and Department of Science and Technology (DST).
- Under NSM, till date 15 supercomputers have been installed across the nation with compute capacity of 24 petaflops.
- All these supercomputers have been manufactured in India and operating with indigenously developed software stack.