Policy Target Of Doubling Farmers’ Income By 2022:
The Central Government admitted that no actual assessment of farm income has been carried out since 2013.
- The Government of India in its Annual Budget 2016-17 set a policy target of doubling farmers’ income by 2022.
- Agriculture sustains livelihood for more than half of India’s total population.
- Doubling farmers’ income in such a short period is an overwhelming task for decision-makers, scientists, and policymakers because of its continued role in employment, income, and most importantly in national food security.
- Doubling farmers’ income is possible through increasing total output and better price realization in the market, reduction in production costs, diversification of product, efficient post-harvest management, value addition, etc.
Need Monthly Current Affairs PDF?
Get everything on your phone with our all in one app for your UPSC Preparation.
- Get daily current affairs on you phone
- Download monthly current affairs PDF
- All India daily mock tests with ranking