Poshan Bhi, Padhai Bhi Campaign:
Poshan Bhi, Padhai Bhi’ campaign launched by the Women and Child Development Minister Smriti Irani in September 2022.
- The government plans to focus on early childhood care and education in 14 lakh Anganwadi centres, reimagining them as pre-schools providing early learning opportunities.
- Target Age Group is Children under 6 years, especially under 3 years
- National Education Policy Prioritizes foundational literacy and numeracy with emphasis on Child’s Mother tongue
- Recommendations of High-Level Task Force on ECCE (2022) :
- “Rebranding of anganwadis” with upgraded infrastructure;
- Re-designation of Anganwadis workers as Anganwadi teachers, and helpers as childcare workers;
- Creche facilities for children under 3 years;
- Develop common curriculum across different models and emphasis on education in child’s mother tongue.