Pradhan Mantri National Apprenticeship Mela:
Pradhan Mantri National Apprenticeship Mela was organised across 200 locations across India on June 13th, 2022.
- The Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship will be organising the Pradhan Mantri National Apprenticeship Mela every month now on.
- It’s objective is to connect the youth with more opportunities of on-ground training within corporates and further a chance to get employment.
- Individuals having a 5th–12th grade pass certificate, a skill training certificate, an ITI Diploma, or a graduate degree can apply for an interview across these trades/opportunities.
- The candidates will be given a choice of 500+ trades, including welders, electricians, housekeepers, beauticians, mechanics, and others.
- Candidates will also receive Apprenticeship certificates recognised by the National Council for Vocational Education and Training (NCVET) at the end of their training period, which will give them industry recognition.
- A credit bank concept will also be introduced soon, with a depositary of various credits accumulated by learners that can be used for future academic pathways.