Prime Minister’s Awards For Excellence In Public Administration:
Prime Minister’s Awards for Excellence in Public Administration have been instituted with a view to recognize the extraordinary and innovative work done by Districts/implementing units and Central/State organisations for the welfare of common citizens.
- They are also conferred for effective implementation of identified priority programs and innovation.
- Exemplary work done in the following five identified priority programmes are given awards
- Promoting “Jan Bhagidari” or People’s Participation in Poshan Abhiyan,
- Promoting excellence in sports and wellness through Khelo India scheme,
- Digital payments and Good Governance in PM SVANidhi Yojana,
- Holistic Development through One District One Product scheme,
- Seamless, End-to-End Delivery of Services without Human Intervention.
- A total of 16 awards for 5 identified Priority Programmes and for innovations in the sphere of public administration/delivery of services etc. are given this year.
Civils services Day:
- Observed On 21st April every year.On this day, Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel addressed the first batch of probationers at the All India Administrative Service Training School at Metcalfe House, New Delhi in 1947. In his speech he called civil servants as the steel frame of India.