Prime Ministers Shram Awards:
The Government of India has announced the Prime Minister’s Shram Awards (PMSA) for the year 2018.
- This year the Awards are given in three categories namely:\
- Shram Bhushan Awards which carry a cash prize of Rs.1,00,000/- each,
- Shram Vir/Shram Veerangana Awards which carry a cash prize of Rs. 60,000/- each and
- Shram Shree/Shram Devi Awards which carry a cash prize of Rs.40,000/- each.
About the Awards:
- The objective of the Prime Ministers Shram Awards is to recognize the outstanding contributions made by workmen in organizations both in public and private sector.
- The Awards will be presented to the workmen as defined in the Industrial Disputes Act, 1947 and employed in the Departmental Undertakings of the Central and State Governments, Central and State Public Sector Undertakings as also private sector and having minimum of 500 employees on roll.
- These awards are given to the workmen, who have distinguished record of performance, devotion to duty of a high order, specific contribution in the field of productivity, proven innovative abilities, presence of mind and exceptional courage.
- These are also given to the workmen who have made supreme sacrifice of laying down their lives in the conscientious discharge of their duties.
- Workmen solely engaged in routine service duties would not be eligible.