Ramakrishna Mission’s Awakening Programme:
The Union Minister for Education launched Ramakrishna Mission’s ‘Awakening’ Programme for school students.
- It is an initiative towards ensuring overall personality development of a child in line with the philosophy of National Education Policy (NEP), 2020.
- It is for the students of classes I to V.
- Ramakrishna Mission, Delhi branch, from 2014 onwards, has been successfully conducting the Awakened Citizen Program (ACP) for middle school students to enable them to build “ATMASHRADDHA” (Self-esteem) and make responsible choices.
- It helps them to find solutions for all problems of life.
- There has been a demand from educationists for a similar program for Primary school students.
- In response to this, ‘Awakening’ has been designed and piloted across 126 schools.