Report Fish Disease App:
The Union Minister for Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying will launch the Report Fish Disease (RFD) App at Krishi Bhawan, New Delhi.
- Report Fish Disease App will strengthen the farmer-based disease reporting system and for improving the reporting of aquatic animal diseases in the country.
- The app has been developed by ICAR-NBFGR under National Surveillance Programme for Aquatic Animal Diseases (NSPAAD).
- Funded under: Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana by the Department of Fisheries, Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying, Government of India.
- It will help the farmers in reporting the incidence of diseases in finfish, shrimps, and molluscs on their farms with the field-level officers and fish health experts.
- This shall help farmers in getting scientific advice for the efficient management of the disease.
- The data regarding the diseases will be stored on temporal & spatial scales and can be used for mapping the disease cases.
- It would support farmers in improving farmer-based reporting, getting scientific advice, and reducing losses due to diseases, thereby increasing farmers’ income.