Aditya-L1 Support Cell::
Aditya-L1 Support Cell is a community service center that has been set up to bring all data onboard India’s first dedicated solar space mission to a single web-based interface.
- It is a joint effort of the Indian Space Research Organisation and Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences.
- It will allow every interested individual to perform a scientific analysis of the data.
About Aditya- L1 mission:
- It is India’s first solar mission. It will be launched using the Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV) in XL
- It will have seven payloads (instruments) on board.
- It seeks to study the Sun’s corona, solar emissions, solar winds and flares, and Coronal Mass Ejections (CMEs), and will carry out round-the-clock imaging of the Sun.
- The data from the Aditya mission will be immensely helpful in discriminating between different models for the origin of solar storms and also for constraining how the storms evolve and what path they take through the interplanetary space from the Sun to the Earth.
- In order to get the best science from the sun, continuous viewing of the sun is preferred without any occultation/ eclipses and hence, Aditya- L1 satellite will be placed in the halo orbit around the Lagrangian point 1 (L1) of the sun-earth system.