TeLEOS-2 : ISRO
The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) will soon launch Singapore’s TeLEOS-2 satellite from the Satish Dhawan Space Centre in Sriharikota using the Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV).
- TeLEOS-2 is a Singaporean Earth Observation satellite built by ST Electronics (Satellite Systems).
- It is designed to capture satellite imagery in all-weather and round-the-clock conditions.
- The 750 kg satellite will be launched into a Low Earth Orbit.
- It carries a made-in-Singapore Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) capable of providing 1 m resolution data.
- It will be equipped with a 500 GB onboard recorder for recording the data captured and a high-speed 800 Mbps downlink.
- It will provide high-resolution imagery for various applications such as disaster management, resource monitoring, and environmental monitoring.
Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV):
- It is an indigenously-developed expendable launch system of the ISRO.
- It comes in the category of medium-lift launchers with a reach up to various orbits, including the Geo Synchronous Transfer Orbit, Lower Earth Orbit, and Polar Sun Synchronous Orbit.
- It has a four-stage system comprising a combination of solid and liquid-fuelled rocket stages.