Tughlaqabad Fort : ASI To Remove Encroachments
The Delhi HC asked the ASI to remove encroachments around the Tughlaqabad Fort.
- The Tughlaqabad Fort in Delhi which is in complete ruins now, was built by Ghiyasudddin Tughlaq.
- Ghiyasudddin Tughlaq was the first Sultan of the Tughlaq Dynasty in 1321.
- It lends its name to the nearby Tughluqabad residential-commercial area as well as the Tughluqabad Institutional Area.
- Ghiyasuddin Tughluq also built the Qutub-Badarpur Road, which connected the new city to the Grand Trunk Road.
- The road is now known as Mehrauli-Badarpur Road.
- Surroundings are an important biodiversity area within the Northern Aravalli leopard wildlife corridor stretching from Sariska Tiger Reserve to Delhi.