Thirunelly temple : Urge To Conserve
The Indian National Trust for Art and Cultural Heritage (INTACH) has urged the government to conserve the Thirunelly temple.
- The Thirunelly Maha Vishnu temple is an iconic temple in Wayanad, Kerala near Brahmagiri hills.
- It is also known as ”Sahyamala Kshetram” and ”Kashi of the South”.
- Thirunelly Temple embodies classical, traditional Kerala architecture.
- A famous pilgrim centre, this temple, which is dedicated to Lord Vishnu.
- It is considered an important pilgrimage centre for Hindus.
- It is located at the confluence of three rivers – Papanasini, the holy river, which is believed to have the power to wash away sins, Kudamurutti, and Koothappuzha.
- The temple has a unique circular structure made of granite stones, which is believed to have been constructed by Lord Brahma himself.
- Thirunelli Temple is the only temple in the world where the devotees can perform all the rituals related to one’s life, starting from birth to death and life after death.