Unique Land Parcel Identification Number (ULPIN):
The Rural Development Ministry recently said that ULPIN has been adopted by 26 states and union territories so far.
- Unique Land Parcel Identification Number (ULPIN) is part of the Digital India Land Records Modernization Programme (DILRMP).
- ULPIN or Bhu-Aadhar is a 14-digit identiﬁcation number accorded to a land parcel.
- It would uniquely identify every surveyed parcel of land and prevent land fraud, especially in rural India, where land records are outdated and disputed.
- The identiﬁcation is based on the longitude and latitude coordinates of the land parcel and depends on detailed surveys and geo-referenced cadastral maps.
- It aims to compile every detail pertaining to different properties from across the country.
- ULPIN is a Single, Authoritative Source of Truth for information on any parcel of land or property to provide Integrated Land Services to the citizens as well as all stakeholders.
- Various types of data relating to the landed properties, which are currently under the possession of different ministries and departments, too will be linked with the ULPIN.