Also known as Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUP), bloatware apps are needless programs that take a toll on your device’s performance.
- Bloatware apps are being criticized for taking up the storage of the device unnecessarily and affecting the system’s battery life and overall performance.
- Generally, these apps that run in the background are hidden and locating them becomes a tough job for the users.
- It could be any software on your computer, phone or tablet that consumes a lot of resources like — memory, storage and battery life.
- There are three most common types of bloatwares that can be found on any device.
- These types of bloatwares come from manufacturers and third-party developers and are usually pre-loaded on your device. These offer added functionality to your device.
- Users can experience the app as most of them offer free trial modes in new devices. However, these programs keep on consuming your device’s resources, even after the trial period is over.
- These types of bloatware typically gets downloaded while downloading softwares from the internet.