What Are Nutraceuticals Products?
Nutraceuticals is a broad umbrella term that is used to describe any product derived from food sources with extra health benefits in addition to the basic nutritional value found in foods.
- They can be considered non-specific biological therapies used to promote general well-being, control symptoms and prevent malignant processes.
- The term “nutraceutical” combines two words – “nutrient” (a nourishing food component) and “pharmaceutical” (a medical drug).
- Aimed at providing accessible, standardised and affordable generic medicines, the Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Pariyojana (PMBJP) Kendras have added nutraceuticals products, including protein powder and bar, malt-based food supplements and immunity bar for its customers.
- CJI lays foundation for International Arbitration Centre in Hyderabad:
- Proposed by the International Arbitration and Mediation Centre Trust.
- IAMC-Hyderabad is India’s first arbitration centre for alternate dispute resolution.
- Arbitration is an alternative dispute resolution (ADR) procedure in which a dispute is submitted, by agreement of the parties, to one or more arbitrators who make a binding decision on the dispute.
- In choosing arbitration, the parties opt for a private dispute resolution procedure instead of going to court.