What Is Regenerative Agriculture?
Farmers in Madhya Pradesh who follow regenerative farming methods find that they reduce the need for frequent irrigation, which conserves water and energy.
- Regenerative agriculture is a holistic farming system that focuses on soil health, food quality, biodiversity improvement, water quality and air quality through methods such as reducing the use of chemical fertilisers and pesticides, reducing tillage, integrating livestock and using cover crops.
- It Minimize soil distribution through conservation tillage
- Diversify crops to replenish nutrients and disrupt pest and disease lifecycles
- Retain soil cover using cover crops
- Integrate livestock, which adds manure to the soil and serves as a source of carbon sinks.